Oil leak!!!

Hi guys,

here with I hope not too big of a problem but I'm afraid its the case....So after changing oil on the car last week (!!!) and driving on the highway maybe 1500km yesterday I got the light blinking that the oil pressure dropped....PANIC....i stop on the side of the highway and check the oil measure and I'm not kidding the motor was empty of oil...HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE....3L of oil gone in one week???

what could be the main suspects for leak, and what is the best way to check for the leaks?

also is it possible that having the wrong oil in the car burn the oil?

thanks for the reply!

VW  POLO  1.4 16V 
the drain bolt was not thightened

tightened it enough for sure

oil filter not thightened

checked that as well all dry there

ring around the drain plug was not replaced with a new one

I did not do that

if the oil would burn so fast, you would melt your engine i guess.

Do you see any trace of an oil leak anywhere around the engine?

yes the motor is very dirty from oil under the machine..

VW  POLO  1.4 16V 
ok so i went and check under the hood...and is saw the leak by the part where the bolt/hole is located to drain the oil on the passenger side. Also I saw the drop of oil coming from the oil filter so I will tighten that tomorrow.

I guess the best case is to bring it to garage and let them check it properly..it's just I'm wondering whether I should continue driving the car or not? Maybe have spare oil with me and keep a close eye on it....

VW  POLO  1.4 16V 
  AdBlock gedetecteerd
Wij snappen dat advertenties op de website niet leuk zijn, echter het draaiend houden van de website is helaas niet gratis. Wij hebben jaarlijks kosten aan de software licenties en het draaiend houden van de server. Wij zouden het erg op prijs stellen als je de ad-blocker wilt uitschakelen voor onze community zodat het voor iedereen gratis toegankelijk blijft. Voor nog geen 50 cent per maand kun je ook je account upgraden als je geen reclame wilt zien!