Gasklepsteller fout lezing

Hi there,

I hope its not a problem that I am writing in English.

So i bought VW Polo 1.4 16v 2000 and he started acting funny couple of days after driving around. The problem started with stalling or Idle problems when standing still with motor on.

Normally the car should have around 1000rpm when still however the rpm started going down to 500rpm. After taking it to the garage I was told it is the gasklepsteller fault reading and that repair can be costly 300-400e ( :/ ). Therefore they've told me first to put a liquid in the tank that could potentially that part of the motor fixing the problem.

after adding it in, the problem got worse and I noticed that the problem starts when the machine gets warm. Also temparature of the motor is not giving correct information as I am driving on the highway and the motor is stone cold only after going into the city the temp goes to 90 degrees which is supposed to be normal i guess.

Anyhow I think now after the research that I could also clean the throttle counter as It could be dirty and not letting enough air in the motor causing it to stall.

Does anyone have any ideas whether what i am saying with cleaning the throttle counter is a wise idea and could potentially solve the problem?

Also it seems like the problem is very random also when the motor is warm. very strange and frustraiting....

HELP....!?!?

VW  POLO  1.4 16V 
For me English is ok. but then the problem is I don't know a lot about the 6N2.
The prime suspect will be your throttle body, when it's dirty it can lead to some instability in your idling RPM. The positive crankcase ventilation leads some of the oil fumes into the intake manifold and this can lead to the throttle body being polluted.

The solution is to remove it and give a good scrub.

First, remove the air filter housing. To remove it, you need to remove a few philips screws (5 or 6).
Afterwards you need to remove the piping from the air filter housing. Afterwards you should be able to see the throttle body.
Remove the four screws so you're able to take it out.

Don't waste any of your money on brake cleaner etc, some toilet paper or an old piece of cloth drenched in petrol should do the trick just fine.

PS, I took some pictures from a random internet stranger:
http://s151.photobucket.com/user/NickB_2007/media/DSC00238-1.jpg.html

• Leuk
Waarderingen: polo16v1.4
Welcome at the forum ! :)
If the engine stays cold you should check your thermostat. The thermostat should stay closed untill the engine is warm.
YouTube video about the termostat :

About your idling problems. The throttle body can be filled with carbon deposits, and these can prevent the proper working of the valve.
I cleaned mine a few weeks ago, no big deal.
The throttle body is located after the air flter on top of the engine and is secured with some bolts. Unscrew these bolts and remove the piping from the filter housing. Clean all the carbon deposits out and reinstall the throttle body. Make sure it is nice and tight (But not too tight!), otherwise unwanted air can sneak in.

Good luck!

Volkswagen  Polo 9N3  1.2 6v 60pk BBM 
For me English is ok. but then the problem is I don't know a lot about the 6N2.
The prime suspect will be your throttle body, when it's dirty it can lead to some instability in your idling RPM. The positive crankcase ventilation leads some of the oil fumes into the intake manifold and this can lead to the throttle body being polluted.

The solution is to remove it and give a good scrub.

First, remove the air filter housing. To remove it, you need to remove a few philips screws (5 or 6).
Afterwards you need to remove the piping from the air filter housing. Afterwards you should be able to see the throttle body.
Remove the four screws so you're able to take it out.

Don't waste any of your money on brake cleaner etc, some toilet paper or an old piece of cloth drenched in petrol should do the trick just fine.

PS, I took some pictures from a random internet stranger:
http://s151.photobucket.com/user/NickB_2007/media/DSC00238-1.jpg.html

thank you so much for the reply! I will absolutely do that! Pretty technical here however never worked on cars so that should be fine.

The funny thing is that I have been at mechanic and he said he reseted the throttle body however the problem came back in minutes of driving. (he did it for free so we're good ;)) One thing, once I take the throttle body down and disconnect the cable isn't it necessary to reset the TB once plugged back together?

Also I will change the motor cooling as its such a nasty brown colour, so that will be the project as well....I think I can manage that ;).

VW  POLO  1.4 16V 
Welcome at the forum ! :)
If the engine stays cold you should check your thermostat. The thermostat should stay closed untill the engine is warm.
YouTube video about the termostat :

About your idling problems. The throttle body can be filled with carbon deposits, and these can prevent the proper working of the valve.
I cleaned mine a few weeks ago, no big deal.
The throttle body is located after the air flter on top of the engine and is secured with some bolts. Unscrew these bolts and remove the piping from the filter housing. Clean all the carbon deposits out and reinstall the throttle body. Make sure it is nice and tight (But not too tight!), otherwise unwanted air can sneak in.

Good luck!

makes sense...It feels like the termostat has its own life and shows slightly random temp. or maybe I just don't understand but lets say I am driving on the highway the temp of the motor should be in the working temp condition of the car...right?

VW  POLO  1.4 16V 
  AdBlock gedetecteerd
Wij snappen dat advertenties op de website niet leuk zijn, echter het draaiend houden van de website is helaas niet gratis. Wij hebben jaarlijks kosten aan de software licenties en het draaiend houden van de server. Wij zouden het erg op prijs stellen als je de ad-blocker wilt uitschakelen voor onze community zodat het voor iedereen gratis toegankelijk blijft. Voor nog geen 50 cent per maand kun je ook je account upgraden als je geen reclame wilt zien!